Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – Heat Pump Systems
We understand that you may have questions about heat pump systems. Here are answers to some of the most common inquiries:
1. Reliability of System:
- Q: Are these systems reliable?
- A: Yes, heat pump systems are built for reliability. We offer 5 year warranties to ensure peace of mind, and we work exclusively with accredited installers who are experts in proper installation and after-installation support. Most issues reported, such as water not coming out hot or system leaks, are typically due to poor installation, not the product itself.
2. Water Temperature:
- Q: Will the water come out hot enough?
- A: Absolutely, as long as the installation is done correctly. Our installer heat pumps aim to maintain water at a comfortable 55 degrees Celsius. Water can come out of taps at a maximum of 50 degrees Celsius. Additionally, the heat pump will heat up to 65 degrees Celsius once per week to prevent bacterial growth within the system.
3. Noise Levels:
- Q: Are these systems noisy?
- A: While they do make a sound during operation, the noise level is just 47 decibels, which is quieter than a typical quiet office or refrigerator. The noise is primarily noticeable when the system is heating up.
4. Instant Heat:
- Q: Do these systems provide instant hot water?
- A: Most heat pumps offer a balance between traditional storage and instantaneous systems. They can reheat up to 70 liters of water per hour, ensuring you have a steady supply of hot water, provided the quoted heat pump is correctly sized according to government guidelines.
5. Cold Temperature Performance:
- Q: How well do these systems perform in cold temperatures?
- A: Heat pumps are designed to operate in temperatures ranging from -7 to 43 degrees Celsius. The Eneft systems even include a backup element for extremely cold conditions. As long as the temperatures are within the operating range, efficiency remains consistent.
- Q: How energy-efficient are these systems?
- A: Heat pumps are highly efficient, using 65% less energy than traditional systems. For example, a 290L heat pump requires only 750W of input power to provide 3750W of output power.
- Q: How long can I expect these systems to last?
- A: With regular servicing, heat pumps can last an impressive 10 to 15 years, ensuring long-term reliability and savings.
- Q: Is this a scam?
- A: Absolutely not. We leverage legitimate rebate programs, including the same programs that allowed us to provide customers with a Powerpal, to offer you this opportunity. Your satisfaction and trust are our top priorities.
9. Manufacturing Location:
- Q: Where are these systems manufactured?
- A: Systems have their compressors designed in Melbourne, and they are manufactured in Japan—a country renowned for its high-quality engineering.
10. Solar Integration:
- Q: Can these systems connect to solar panels? –
- A: Yes, the heat pumps can seamlessly connect to your solar panel system. You can even set the heat pump cycles to operate during solar hours. The Eneft system offers added convenience with Wi-Fi connectivity and app-based settings adjustments.
11. Old System Disposal:
- Q: What will happen to my old heating system?
- A: Our professional installers will decommission your old system and take it away for recycling as part of our service. This service is included in the price, ensuring an eco-friendly solution.
We hope these answers provide clarity and assurance regarding our solar-powered heat pump systems. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.