Head of marketing
About the Company
At Powerpal we are passionate about helping everyday Australians to reduce their power bills and their carbon footprint.
Thanks to funding through state government environmental schemes, we provide access to our patented energy management technology at zero cost to our users. Part hardware and part software our solution assists households to better understand how their home is consuming energy and actions they can take to improve their energy efficiency. Using Powerpal a typical household can quickly and easily reduce their home’s electricity consumption by up to 15%.
More than 50,000 homes already trust Powerpal to help them manage their energy consumption, with our service having received thousands of five-star customer reviews on Google and the app stores. The Powerpal app is currently rated at #26 in the lifestyle category of the Australian iOS app store, ahead of apps such as Amazon Alexa, Tile and Autotrader.
And we’re only just getting started!
We are searching for an experienced Head of Marketing to join our executive team and take the lead on all aspects of Powerpal’s marketing strategy and delivery. Reporting to the CEO, you will have full ownership of our $2 million annual marketing budget and will be tasked with planning and delivering campaigns for brand awareness, as well as customer acquisition, conversion and retention, across all channels of media.
You will manage agencies, freelancers, and internal resources to create, develop and continually test creative ideas that clearly articulate Powerpal’s value proposition in the market and align with our product strategy. You will lead campaigns, set metrics to optimise performance, and partner with internal stakeholders to drive the marketing strategy and further develop Powerpal into a strong and trusted household brand.
This is a new role within the management team presenting an opportunity to take ownership of Powerpal in the market and use your unique skills and experience to take our brand to the next level.
As the successful Head of Marketing, you will have deep experience delivering successful campaigns in a B2C environment. You will have a proven track record and strong experience in content, social, and traditional media channels. You enjoy working in a fast-paced high-growth environment, and your strength is working with teams in the development of insightful creative messages that resonate with a mass market audience.
This is a hands-on opportunity that will provide you with a lot of autonomy. You will enjoy a fantastic culture working with colleagues who are passionate about the business and their growth journey.
- With a strategic approach, identify and implement measurable strategies that will drive growth of the Powerpal customer base and awareness of our products and services in the market.
- Develop and drive the execution of an integrated, multi-channel marketing plan. This will include the setting of targets/objectives and key results and metrics to measure success.
- Management of key agency relationships including creative, traditional, digital, media/PR
- Oversee the development of creative and collateral which effectively captures Powerpal’s core value and unique selling proposition
- Review media opportunities to deliver against both brand and direct response objectives
- Development of a full funnel social strategy that is closely integrated with above the line media strategy
- Implement field marketing programs/campaigns to introduce Powerpal to new audiences
- Forecast, measure, analyse and report on the impact of demand creation activities
- Conduct and coordinate market research and customer feedback process
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 year’s experience executing B2C campaigns in Australia with a demonstrated track record of success in delivering direct response and brand campaigns
- Experience in defining creative direction and messaging across traditional and digital media channels.
- A strong existing network of suppliers to provide support for campaign delivery
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, dynamic environment (previous B2C scale-up experience an advantage)
- A marketeer looking to step up into their next role, or an experienced agency person looking to step across into marketing.
- $160k plus super
- A new Macbook Air
- An opportunity to be part of an amazing adventure at the forefront of energy management technology!
Our interview process
We like to keep our interview process as simple as possible while giving us all a chance to get to know each other. This is usually spread over a week or two, but if you’re on a tighter timeline just let us know and we’ll speed things up.
- Email a copy of your CV and a brief description of your current location and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we think you’re a good match we’ll arrange a quick chat over coffee or VC to share more background about the role and make sure that we’re all still interested.
- You’ll spend an hour talking about your previous experience and future goals with our CEO Pete Neal via a hangouts meeting.
- We’ll invite you to meet the wider exec team and to have a final chat to make sure that you’ll be happy at Powerpal.
- We’ll make you an offer and you’ll become part of the Powerpal family!