Technical support manager | Job at Powerpal
Working at Powerpal
At Powerpal we’re building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform. Our customers love us – they’re saving money on their bills and helping out with the climate crisis at the same time!
As Technical Support Manager, you are the go-to person for our customer’s hardware and software needs, providing front line technical support for Powerpal’s suite of energy management products. You troubleshoot issues for our customers, respond to inquiries and find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day, you help to improve the Powerpal user experience by contributing to longer term projects and documentation efforts.
You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple mobile operating systems (like iOS and Android) and also familiar with using application log files to guide your problem solving. You’ll occasionally partner with various teams including sales, product and engineering to help find ways to make our products better. You’re a fast learner and great communicator who can support the needs of a rapidly growing tech start-up.
What we need you to have on your first day
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service
- Relevant IT Qualification at TAFE or University
- Excellent working knowledge of mobile operating systems (Android and iOS)
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Software programming experience is an advantage but not essential
What you’ll get to do
- Take ownership of customer queries through to resolution, ensuring our customers are delighted with their Powerpal experience.
- Combine information provided by customers with data from back end systems to trouble shoot and resolve challenging technical issues.
- Independently research market information (such as electricity meter datasheets and tariff specifications) to support customers with product installation and update our knowledgebase documentation.
- Work with our engineering, product and operations teams on joint resolution of customer issues where appropriate.
- Jump in and help out as necessary across the whole business - we like everyone to have a broad level of understanding of how everything fits together.
- $50-$60k plus super (depending on your specific experience).
- A new Macbook Air
- A free Powerpal for your home ;)
Our interview process
We like to keep our interview process as simple as possible while giving us all a chance to get to know each other. This is usually spread over a week or two, but if you’re on a tighter timeline just let us know and we’ll speed things up.
- Email a copy of your CV and a brief description of your current location and availability to email@example.com
- If we think you’re a good match we’ll arrange a quick chat over coffee or VC to share more background about the role and make sure that we’re all still interested.
- You’ll spend an hour talking about your previous experience and future goals with our CEO Pete Neal via a hangouts meeting.
- We’ll invite you to visit our office in Melbourne to meet the wider team and to have a final chat to make sure that you’ll be happy at Powerpal.
- We’ll make you an offer and you’ll become part of the Powerpal family!