Data-driven customer engagement lead (Australia remote)
About us Powerpal is building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform and our customers need your help. By understanding and engaging with our customers we will guide each individual to take the best actions for their own household to save energy, save money, and save the planet. Thanks to funding through state government environmental schemes, […]
Powerpal is building Australia’s largest residential energy engagement platform and our customers need your help.
By understanding and engaging with our customers we will guide each individual to take the best actions for their own household to save energy, save money, and save the planet.
Thanks to funding through state government environmental schemes, we provide access to our patented energy management technology at zero cost to our users. Part hardware and part software our solution assists households to better understand how their home is consuming energy and actions they can take to improve their energy efficiency.
More than 150,000 homes already trust Powerpal to help them manage their energy consumption, with our service having received thousands of five-star customer reviews on Google and the app stores and a Finder Innovation Award.
And we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for a customer engagement lead with a talent for using data to understand our users’ behaviours and needs, identify opportunities to help improve the way they use energy, and communicate the benefits to encourage them to take action.
You’ll work closely with our technology team to bring together energy and behavioural data across web, app and email. You’ll introduce new techniques and choose new platforms to deliver a first class data-driven customer experience across all channels.
Rapidly testing, learning and optimising campaigns, you’ll have a knack for communicating clearly with customers through a variety of channels. You’ll know when to create your own content, and when it’s time to scale up and work with external partners and creative agencies to deliver the best results.
Our customer’s energy journey starts before they acquire their Powerpal device. While the first priority of this role is engaging with our existing customers, you’ll also be guiding our marketing content and messaging to build a consistent journey from first contact through years of benefits, upgrades and behavioural nudges.
We’re a small startup doing big things with a team of highly talented and productive individuals who can take ownership of projects and figure out how to get things done. You’ll have the flexibility to influence your projects as you identify opportunities to help our customers, and you’ll have the support of a great team around you to help deliver them.
You’ll be working closely with both our fully remote technology team in NSW and industry partners in Victoria so you’ll need to be great at remote collaboration. If you live in Melbourne you’re welcome to spend as much time as you like in our South Melbourne office, but this is a fully remote role open to anyone in the east coast time zone.
Your skills and experience
- 3++ years in a customer engagement / digital marketing role in a B2C-focussed business.
- Previous experience at a technology-focussed startup highly valued.
- Experience in analysing and understanding customer behaviour across time and channels.
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other analysis and reporting platforms.
- Experience running A/B tests and rapidly iterating on campaigns to maximise engagement
- Exposure to CRMs and marketing campaign platforms.
- Ownership of hands-on projects from inception through to delivery.
- Ability to create engaging, on-brand content across email and web.
- Quick to learn and able to prioritise in an agile environment.
- Analytical with the ability to be creative when required.
- Great communication skills.
- $120-$160k plus super (depending on your specific experience).
- Negotiable equity (options) in a profitable and rapidly growing startup.
- A new Macbook.
- A free Powerpal for your home 😉
How to apply
Email a copy of your CV and a brief description of your current location and availability to email@example.com